Tuesday 13 December 2011

Start us off

When I played baseball as a kid I was usually the lead off hitter. I was small so the pitcher had to be great at throwing strikes to me or I would get walked (which is often what happened). I was also fast so sometimes I would steal 2nd before anything had really happened in the game. This took very little effort on my part. I stood at the plate until I was walked and ran to 2nd when the pitcher threw it in the dirt.

This blog is unlike my baseball experience. It requires considerable effort (more than just standing around holding a bat) and would not be very coherent if I ran while typing.

However, in blogging I must start things off well...

Consider this a walk and next post I'll steal 2nd.

3 comments:

  1. You should take requests for blog posts. As far as topic etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take requests... and manipulate them linguistically and otherwise to suit my tastes. What's your request?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a request for you: Metal. As in the music. Here's a great video to get you in the groove: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c

    ReplyDelete